A schedule of special events, in conjunction with Youth Action Northern Ireland
In December 2020, Community Dialogue and Youth Action hosted an Inter-generational story-telling zoom event: Stigma and Shame – experiences and perspectives on HIV/AIDS from the LGBTQ community through the decades.
This event followed from two-way conversations between different people of different identities and ages, sharing their experiences of growing up in their relevant decade and what life was like from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The events included short insights and stories that touch on shame and stigma but also alluded to hope and tenacity.
Our World Aids Day event tied in with a schedule of activities we facilitated with young people on the week before World Aids Day.
Questions that were posed included:
- What does WAD conjure for you?
- How have you encountered shame and stigma from an LGBTQ+ perspective?
- How have things changed in terms of HIV/AIDS stigma?
- How did HIV/AIDS impact your community?
- How can we address stigma?
Please follow and like us: