In collaboration with The Rainbow Project Northern Ireland
Community Dialogue’s Peace by Peace initiative is a joint project with The Rainbow Project for Northern Ireland and aims to;
- Increase the sense of belonging of ALL individuals in society
- Improve good relations between ALL communities in society
It creates safe spaces for people:
- To identify “social interfaces” and work towards the transformation of these interfaces towards more peaceful states of existence
- To attest and begin to heal from the personal impact of their experience of conflict or social interfaces
- To piece together the diverse and intersectional nature of peace and conflict in the variously described NI and beyond.
Throughout the project’s development various interfaces were identified and have included;
- LGBTQ+ identities, trauma and experience within and between Churches and Faith communities.
- Non binary and trans identities interface with the gender binary in societal structures.
- Policing interface and historical relationship with LGBTQ+ and other marginalised communities.
- BAME and LGBTQ+ experiences.
- Human interface with our natural environment.
- UK/NI Interface with EU over Brexit.
- Poverty and wealth disparities.
Our team are currently providing a space for members of the LGBTQ+ community to explore their experience of Church and Faith communities. In some cases this has been a painful journey and enabled a process of reflection and response in an open and healing way.
The Peace by Peace initiative will continue to be supported by Comic Relief and CFNI, as part of the Social Justice Programme 2020-2021, as well as contributing to Community Dialogue’s Civic Innovation programme.
To find out more and to get involved please contact email@example.com